[78-L] Joe Venuti Discography Wiki

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 27 21:48:42 PDT 2011

On 6/28/2011 12:29 AM, David Lewis wrote:

> Mr. Lennick:
>
>> GREAT record..titled "Skeletons At Midnight" on the 78 issue.
>>>>
> If you should run into that, please let me know the 78 issue number and the flip.
The Garrod Discography lists Skeletons at Midnight as Tempo 416, flip It Ain't
Necessarily So, and lists Skeleton at Midnight (sic) as a separate title.
Typical, unfortunately..not one of Garrod's better efforts.

> Mr. Lennick:
>
>> (Hm, what compilation of mine? Don't mind me, I've done a few thousand of these things since 1988, but did I do a Venuti?)
>>>>
> Wasn't the Naxos Jazz Legends yours? Or did Graham do that one? Only got to read the contents,
> have never seen the disc.

You're right, I did one..Naxos 8.120614 "Stringing the Blues". Blame the Mad
Cow. Or the meat glue in those cheap filet mignons M&M sells.
dl