[78-L] ePoo Reserve Prices (was Q.R.S. discs)

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 10:03:47 PDT 2011

--- On Sun, 6/19/11, Cary Ginell <soundthink at live.com> wrote:

> They [eBay] know that thi
>  s activity goes on and tell you in their rules that it is
> forbidden to sell an item privately that has been listed but
> didn't sell , but I don't think that is legal and there is
> no way to enforce this.

That's my take as well.  There is no way they could
enforce something like that other than by banning you
from doing business with them, but their position in
the market as a natural monopoly would probably cause
most courts to require them to take all honest customers.
A business like eBay is very close to being a utility,
and as such they don't have nearly as much freedom of
action as a firm in a highly competitive market would.