[78-L] ePoo Reserve Prices (was Q.R.S. discs)

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 19 08:49:22 PDT 2011

At 15:16 19/06/2011, CG wrote:

>I merely emailed them after the auction closed and said that nobody
>reached the reserve price; I'll take the best offer. Some of the
>bidders each emailed me their top bid, all of which were higher than
>their unsuccessful bids. I simply took the highest one and conducted
>the purchase separately. That way, eBay did not know that the sale
>was concluded and thus didn't get a piece of the action, other than
>the original listing fee.

Well, you can do as you see fit, but I see this as being highly
unethical. I have had this occur once with a seller of Bollywood 78s
who had an Asha Bosli disk I wanted. Somehow wanting to further
transact business outside of eBay on a lost item doesn't pass a sniff
test with me and sets up my fraud-alert early warning system.

I'd much rather bid and sell by the rules, thank you