[78-L] Auction Action: worth it?

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun Jun 19 08:02:03 PDT 2011

> > I have noted shipping can cost more than eBay allows. How is that handled?>

Just noticed that I didn't answer this question specifically. The geniuses at eBay have put a ceiling of $4.00 for any shipment of a record, whether it is a paper thin Hit-of-the-Week or a massive 12-inch 78 rpm album with seven discs in it. If you go to TurboLister, you will find that you cannot enter in more than $4.00 for Shipping Cost, but there is a column called Handling Cost where you can make up the difference, which is allowed. You can also write whatever you want on your listing, so long as you don't enter in a URL or use incendiary language. I use this space to indicate to buyers to ignore eBay's $4.00 shipping ceiling and list the cost of shipping right there. You will see international sellers doing this all the time because their records are listed with $4.00 shipping when this costs considerably more than that from other countries.

Cary Ginell