[78-L] This is the BBC

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 09:42:57 PDT 2011

On 18/06/11 16:21, Dingo wrote:
> Very interesting documentary of behind the scenes with no annoying
> commentary.
>
> Good shots of radio and TV OBs and BVSH House etc.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K37_naDSEA
> ~~
> John D
Some of the dialogue sounds phony--I suspect that if it were done today,
the subject would be redundancies! I like Raymond Glendenning's
reference to "the grey shite" on the horse race! Don't like the way Roy
Plomley handles LPs (not housing them in polythene and touching the
surfaces). Probably fumbling to get the record out of the sleeve would
upset continuity. Then there's a left-handed violinist in the string
quartet.

      Julian Vein