[78-L] Carter Family

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 07:30:32 PDT 2011

On 18/06/11 15:03, agp wrote:
> As I was digging through some label images that I have on my
> hardrive, I came across a set that I need some background on. The are
> by the Carter Family, and if I recall were commemorative issues by a
> magazine (Country Music News?) in the UK, although I could be totally
> wrong on that bit. The are on a white label with black printing. RCA
> Victor is printed at an arc at the top of the label. There is one to
> look at on:
>
> http://www.vmauctions.com/items/item_details.php?id=4418&ItemType=Auctions
>
> The series is
>
> CNV-101 School House on the Hill b/w Poor Little Orphaned Boy
> CNV-102 My Little Home in Tennessee
> CNV-103 Home by the Sea
> CNV-104 Home in Tennessee
> CNV-105 You Tied a Love Knot in my Heart
>
> Does anyone know the background/ issue and recording year on these as
> well as the missing B-sides

Here are the B-sides:

CNV 102 83133-1 Darling Little Joe
CNV 103 76281-1 Home By The Sea
CNV 104 87025-1 I Cannot Be Your Sweetheart
CNV 105 067999-1 You're Gonna Be Sorry You Let Me Down

Russell's Country Music Discography says they custom made for
CountrMusic News & Views (UK) in 1968.

      Julian Vein