[78-L] Early Caruso

Brian Bashford brianlives at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 18 06:59:41 PDT 2011

Greetings All,
  I’ve been given a friends deceased fathers’ collection of classical 78s. They were primarily junk from the late 40s and early 50s but squeezed into one sleeve were these 3 records, all 10 inch single sided  ...

Gramophone and Typewriter Ltd   Enrico Caruso  Pagliacci Vesti La Giubba  G. C.-52066  (Pink Label)

Gramophone and Typewriter Ltd  Enrico Caruso  L’Elisir D’Amore  Una Furtiva Lagrima  G. C.- 52065 (Pink Label)

Victor Talking Machine Co.  Enrico Caruso  La Mia Canzone  Victor 87213  (Red Label)

Are these worth hanging on to or are they relatively common.  My knowledge of classsical and opera is sadly lacking.

Brian B.