[78-L] Great use for shellac

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Fri Jun 17 07:32:32 PDT 2011

BTW: Have you had your daily dose of shellac, yet?

"Shellac is used in baking and in mass produced candy to give the
finished product a nice shine. The most likely source of shellac in most
of our reader's diets will be from Skittles -- the colorful coated
fruit-flavored candies. Now that we know how much we love to eat
shellac, we should probably also point out that it is made from a
secretion of the female lac beetle. She excretes the shellac onto
branches in order to help her cocoon stick."