[78-L] Tappin' in the rain

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Tue Jun 14 22:09:59 PDT 2011

It is probably Frank Ferera.
Sannella recorded the tune for Grey Gull, but the instrumentation is wrong.
Smeck never recorded it under his name or any other pseudonym I can find.
The instrumentation for Harmony 991-H, as by Ferera's Golden Hawaiians,
is poss. unk. violin; unk. trumpet; Frank Ferera, steel guitar; prob.
John K. Paaluhi, guitar; and unk. tuba. All of that fits your criteria.
It was recorded in New York on August 16, 1929.
Mal

*******