[78-L] IAJRC - slipping?

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Jun 11 10:22:05 PDT 2011

Seems that the folks at IAJRC are losing their focus.

In the latest issue of the IAJRC, there's a rave review of the "Collector's Guide to Victor Records," however, the reviewer, Herb Young, in talking about Victor's subsidiary and specialty labels, states, "Who does not know of the "potato head" label used for one of their big stars, Paul Whiteman?" Excuse me? That label was Columbia, not Victor.

In the same issue, they gave my "Jazz Man Record Shop" book a recommendation, but spelled my name "Gary" throughout the review. How much larger could I have printed my name on the cover of the book?

Pay attention, IAJRC. You're slipping.

Cary Ginell