[78-L] What to make of this?

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 06:57:18 PDT 2011

--- On Sat, 6/11/11, Ron L'Herault <lherault at bu.edu> wrote:

> If it weren't for bad luck, they
> would have no luck at all.

Yeah, preachin' ta da choir.  I've come to believe it's
legitimate.  The item I purchased is not of great value.
It's just such an incredible story.

My only true Ebay nightmare concerned a guy who sold
me a short film - an animated CBS logo.  It was about
10 bucks, but it took months for him to ship it.  He
claimed on three separate occasions that he *had* shipped
it, and all sorts of other stories.  I finally gave up
and gave him bad feedback - THEN he shipped it, while
excoriating me for treating him so heartlessly when I KNEW
his wife was dieing of cancer.  I didn't believe it, but I
told him I was sorry if that was the case.  He then left
scathing feedback for me accusing me of being a criminal
and a fraud.

He had a bizarre feedback history.  Dozens of meaningless
positive feedbacks, like "AAAAA+++++!!!!!" and things
like that, scattered with about 4 or 5% fact-filled
negative feedbacks like the one I left.  I figured the
positives must have been shills.