[78-L] THE BEATLES 78 RPM UNIQUE PRESSING COLOMBIA 1965-66

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 11 06:08:53 PDT 2011

At 04:27 11/06/2011, CG wrote:

>Beatles 78s are known in four countries: India, Argentina, Colombia,
>and the Philippines.
>
>Cary Ginell

In a "yeah sort of" way you have to include the UK in this list if
you count the Percy Phillips acetate of That'll be the Day b/w In
Spite of all the Danger -- OR -- the fact that the BBC made in house
dubs of recordings (a la teh NBC Instantaneous Recordings) of records
to ship abroad, and many of  these were made at 78. At least one
Beatles acetate like this exists.

I have done copious amounts of research into all this that to the
best of my knowledge is unparalleled. (Well if I don't toot my horn
who will!) There has been speculation as to whether or not Polydor
issued the Tony Sheridan/ Beat Brothers/ Hamburg era Beatles tracks
on 78 anywhere. The answer is probably no, but you never know