[78-L] For Hawaiian and Rollini discographers

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Jun 8 07:09:05 PDT 2011

To our contributors about hawaiian records, Adrian Rollini, and to Geoffrey
(who regrettably has a read-only subscription to this list):

Tom Kelly is among the most interesting ebay-sellers.
This mislabelled item of Har 17-H by Ferera has been sold recently,
but still can be seen for about one day:
ebay item 370512111543

http://cgi.ebay.com/pc78-Jazz-Hawaiian-Harmony-17-71-Frank-Ferera-Univers-6-/370512111543?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item56443e27b7

Kelly's images of both sides show the mx nrs and it is actually Har 17-H (both sides),
with the label of 71-H by University Six erroneously used on one side (a case of dislexy?).
The 17-H label is not the original issue (which states Fifty Cents at 3h) but a later printing,
as used at the time 71-H was released.
It also shows we should be careful with descriptions by ebay sellers, since the Univ 6
cannot be heard.

-han enderman