[78-L] Marian's ex could really blow

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue May 31 15:24:05 PDT 2011

On 5/31/2011 3:27 PM, Taylor Bowie wrote:
> My dad,  who was a musician,  tried to convince me that there were songs
> with these titles.  The first one did fool me for a while:
>
> I Used To Kiss Her On The Lips (But It's All Over Now).

Of course in the late 1970s the country rock group Exile for nearby
Lexington, Kentucky had a HUGE hit with "I Want To Kiss You All Over".
They got away with it because the next line after the title line is "and
over again", but there is sufficient pause for us to get their meaning.

> And one with which he couldn't fool my 8-year old mind:
> If I Had It To Do All Over Again (I'd Do It All Over You).
> Taylor

Is it similar to "I'd Rather Be Blue Over You"?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com