[78-L] Jimmie Allen ET stampers on ePay

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 30 21:38:02 PDT 2011

Two metal stampers for the early '30s syndicated show, The Air Adventures of
Jimmie Allen, came up in my ePay saved searches the other day.
Unfortunately, the auctions (actually, Buy It Now) were over before I even
read the email...

Here are links to the items with lots of photos...I'm interested if anybody
has had success playing stampers of radio ETs like this.  You have to use a
forked stylus, right?  Are those available anywhere?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=
true&item=370514156166&si=PI3ZGYab4UKfT1Zh4miNvhphQN4%253D&viewitem=&sspagen
ame=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=
true&item=140556674614&si=PI3ZGYab4UKfT1Zh4miNvhphQN4%253D&viewitem=&sspagen
ame=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

These would have been nice to add to my collection, especially since I have
acetate (yes, really acetate--the red, floppy kind!) pressings of four
Jimmie Allen shows.  Ah, well...

Sammy (a little late) Jones