[78-L] Columbia Master Book Vol. 3

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun May 29 13:23:05 PDT 2011

I have been complaining and commenting on Rust's REFUSAL to include
prefixes unless they denote a recording location or differentiate among
different series with redundant numbering.  With Victor we can't even
determine the size of the masters, even in some cases where they were
released -- such as in the 8=inch Bluebirds, Sunrise, etc -- let alone
if they were electrical and which electrical system was used.  Alan
Debus forced Rust to include the prefixes in the first edition of
Complete Entertainment Discography but lost the battle in the second
edition.

Mike Biel mbiel at mbiel.com