[78-L] the 'deadest' consumer audio formats?^

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Fri May 27 12:36:28 PDT 2011

You're only set straight if it's an in-line head tape... I have yet to see a good repro from a staggered-head stereo release (without MASSIVE doinking with the head spacing...). The phase-shifting from those will well and truly give one Staggered Head Syndrome, which displays itself by the listener wandering aimlessly about the room, dizzily bumping into objects trying to find the true center of the recording.  Rumour has it that the East German Stasi used those, along with off-center recordings of Ken Griffin, to interrogate captured espionage agents from the West.....

Brad