[78-L] 12-7-41

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue May 24 19:36:06 PDT 2011

On 5/24/2011 10:17 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> Just to set the record clear, if you find a clip with a bit of the Shostakovich
> First Symphony faded down and an edited version of John Daly's announcement the
> attack, and don't think it isn't out there..I faked that thing for a CBC
> program over 30 years ago.
>
> dl

Thanks a lot, Lennick.  It isn't bad enough that Murrow and Friendly did
some fakes, YOU had to add to it!  I've heard that one and knew from the
sound quality it was a fake but now I have you to kick around about it.
But thanks for fessing up.  I do think that along with the intermission
recording we might have gotten the real bulletin.  Walden has a better
memory of what is out there.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com