[78-L] Green Brothers 6 CD collection

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Tue May 24 13:06:55 PDT 2011

I don't' know if this has been mentioned on the list before.  If it has not,
I'm truly surprised.  If it has been mentioned, apologies for posting old
news.

I was recently given this set and have listened to the first few disks.  It
is a great collection of Xylophone music from cylinder and early shellac and
condensite.  Quality of the transfers is top notch, to my ears, and not over
processed - on some tracks there is surface noise but to remove it would
have introduced annoying artifacts.

 List member, David Harvey, a talented marimba a player, wrote the excellent
notes which are in an included booklet.

http://georgehamiltongreen.com/cds/CDS.htm