[78-L] Streaming Radio preferences

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Mon May 23 08:50:34 PDT 2011

Hmmm... as a streaming radio listener (BARELY listen to local denver radio), I have a few choices, depending on mood:

KBRD - daytime AM station out of Tacoma, WA.  Their playlist is VERY 78 oriented, BUT (and this is a BIG 'but') some of their transfers are ABYSMAL.  VERY ringy, like someone had the CoolEdit Pro noise processor set to "extremely aggressive".  Google KBRD and their stream should show up from their main page.

IF you can tolerate their VERY wide spectrum of music, I also listen to Radio FIP out of Paris.  This used to be the old France-Inter Paris, until they changed their format to 'wildly eclectic' and took it national.  You'll hear everything on there from early hot jazz to classical to modern swing to jazz to african to (gag choke retch) rap.  And, as a warning, when they do play hip-hop, it AIN'T bleeped.  Still, this is what I tune to first when I'm looking for decent background audio in the studio.  Google Radio FIP and look for their actuel page. All in French, of course.

Now............... I have enough remnants from my trashed archive to put up a stream.  Nothing fancy, but I think I can sneak onto a restreamer so that Commiecast won't get upset with any stream-serving load.  Would anyone be interested in a stream of 78s (as well as other not-too-wildly-eclectic material interspersed)?

If so, it could be up in a week or so...

Brad