[78-L] Well, it's 6pm Eastern Daylight Time.. ^

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 14:02:39 PDT 2011

Here in the Seattle area, stations were using both Auricons
and Portapacks in the late 70s.  I visited two network
affiliates in 1977 for a report I wrote on television
news gathering and that's what I saw.  They might have
only started using U-matic that year. One Tacoma station
used a "portable" Ampex/Nagra 2" VTR for sound-sync pickups
and film for silent, but they switched to Auricons for
sound work before they went all-video.   I think the CBS
series "60 Minutes" was still using film for their
segments until some time in the mid-late 80s.  They
seemed to be the last to go to video.