[78-L] the 'deadest' consumer audio formats?

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Fri May 13 17:24:28 PDT 2011

no, we haven't... how about the Philco Hip Pocket discs? virtually unplayable on an automatic changer, but will play (relatively) well on a manual table at 45 rpm.

and, I just remembered this one because I just saw the 'disc'... there was a "talking baseball card" type record... to play it you insert it into a large (about the size of a trade paperback book) plastic player and the stylus/tonearm rotated around inside the contraption, playing the stationary recording.  Hello Rube Goldberg!

Brad