[78-L] the 'deadest' consumer audio formats?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri May 13 14:21:10 PDT 2011

Miniature records inside toys..in fact the Berliner Talking Doll goes back a
couple of centuries and I knew of a few viable versions in the fifties, hand
cranked and with a steel needle. One was an egg that recited Humpty Dumpty.

And I have a dictabelt with some old time records on it and no way to play it.
I'll bring it to the next CAPS meeting (where it was foist foisted on me).

We didn't mention such 78 formats as Diamond Disc, Pathe, the various home
recording systems such as pre-grooved discs or uncoated aluminum.

dl