[78-L] the 'deadest' consumer audio formats?

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri May 13 12:45:09 PDT 2011

At 19:38 13/05/2011, MD wrote:
>reel-to-reel tape (bonus points for quadrophonic)
I think this still lives on in pro circles. I had one until about 2 years ago

>8-track
Not to forget quad-8 and the 4 track (a la Muntz Stereo Pak)
And who can forget the charming little PlayTape

>machines to play these formats. I wouldn't even put DATs and minidiscs in
>the running - I never saw them find much of a foothold at all in the
>consumer market.

MD was pretty strong outside the USA. I still have a recorder for
them puppies. It was great. Have a few prerecorded titles including
Paul McCartney's release Run, Devil Run.