[78-L] Jack Hylton as a producer

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed May 11 11:11:43 PDT 2011

The following is being offered for sale on one of my book lists.  I thought
it might be of interest to see something which relates to some of Hylton's
non-musical activities:

Cocteau, Jean. INTIMATE RELATIONS (Les Parents Terribles). ORIGINAL PLAY
SCRIPT. London: n.p., 1940. First edition. Original play script in three
acts. Translated by Charles Frank. 138 pp. 8 x 10 sheets stapled into blue
stiff wrappers with cover label, and the label of an International Copyright
Agency. Laid in is a "Compliments of" note from noted bandleader and
producer Jack Hylton. The play was written by Cocteau in 1938 and produced
in London. It was directed by Cocteau for the big screen version. One stain
to front cover, otherwise a decent copy of this rarity. From the estate of a
noted general manager for a Broadway producer.

Taylor