[78-L] Tussey's auction

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue May 10 21:54:50 PDT 2011

Not being able to afford what's left of the Black Patti Dalhart 78, I bid on the Timely Tunes that Richard Tussey had up for auction and won it without a counterbid for $24.99. Glad I did because it turns out it's by Bennie Nawahi's Hawaiian's (using the pseudonym "King's Hawaiians"). The song titles looked familiar so I looked it up in Rockwell to confirm it. I have an E copy on Montgomery Ward already but I only have 3 other Timely Tunes, purchased in UnTimely gaps in the calendar (I think I find one every five years or so), so I'm glad to win it. Now, we'll see if it is indeed VG as described.

Cary Ginell