[78-L] Age of Collectors (WAS Kurt Nauck's Auctions)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue May 10 19:00:55 PDT 2011

From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> No, but that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. Or when the
> earth
> was green. That's what my Saturdays were like as well..downtown Toronto
> had the
> main "Cripps" (Society for Crippled Civilians, I kid you not, before being
> renamed Goodwill) plus a couple of satellite stores, the main Salvation
> Army
> Store on Richmond, St. Vinnies, "Jack Himself--From Soup to Nuts" where
> 78s
> were a dollar a dozen..plus a cheeseburger of dubious provenance at
> Frank's
> (Yonge and Dundas). Made me what I am today. Especially the dubious
> cheeseburgers.
>
> dl

And Don's Discs...for the short time that Keele ran a used-record
store? I bought hundreds of 78's from Don...he had his unique pricing
policy, whereby the records got cheaper as time went by...! In fact, I
bought an Ipana Troubadors disc whigh had Bing Crosby vocals
(which I discovered when I got the disc home and played it!).

Steven C. Barr