[78-L] Age of Collectors (WAS Kurt Nauck's Auctions)

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Tue May 10 14:09:19 PDT 2011

I'm 64yo. (Can that be possible?). When I was 5yo, my great-uncle
played me some 78s of Caruso, Supervia and Chaliapin, He's actually
heard Caruso live back in 1908 or so. Anyhow, by the time I was 6yo,
i was getting up early every Saturday morning and rushing up and down
Portobello Road, (where we moved when I was 14yo and I still live
here), trying to get to the operatic 78rpm bargains before the other
collectors.

You know, there's still ONE stall here in the market that still sells
78s and gramophones and phonographs every Saturday.

Earl Okin.