[78-L] Age of Collectors (WAS Kurt Nauck's Auctions)

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:31:20 PDT 2011

The principal of an elementary school I attended gave me an Edison DD and a
Blue Amberol cylinder in 1972.  We had nothing to play the cylinder on and
knew nobody who did....and I ended up rigging up a makeshift player from the
two small record players I had then to listen to it.  (2815, 'Cohen on the
telephone, George Thompson.)  My dad took some Polaroid pictures of the
contraption in action....which pix I still have.