[78-L] Age of Collectors (WAS Kurt Nauck's Auctions)

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue May 10 10:53:21 PDT 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

Sammy Jones wrote:

>> I'm 28, and I've been collecting since about 1995 or 96 (OTR shows
>> from
>> before that!). I have a good friend who's 25 and he collects, too.
>>
>> Pure speculation, but I imagine there are lots of under-40
>> collectors out
>> there...
>>
>> To Steven C.: I'd love the Complete Works of Henry Burr (though
>> I'd prefer
>> the Complete Works of Billy Murray)!

Sammy, have you seen this site?
<http://www.denvernightingale.com/discography/>

Andrea Walsh wrote:

> I am 42. Been collecting since I was 12. I love collectors of all
> ages, but
> it particularly heartens me that so many younger people are
> entering the
> field.

Ditto that. I'm 56 now. Back in 1982 I was doing some 78 shows on our
local community radio station, and a listener contacted me, eager to
learn about these old rekkuds. He was 15 at the time. Now almost 44,
he's become a great friend and avid collector.

Take care,

Joe
--
"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."--Ellen Perry Berkeley