[78-L] Another song with the "wrong title"

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Mon May 9 20:00:26 PDT 2011

 The Sidewalks of New York ... which Ken Burns seems to think has "heart-breaking lyrics".  He's a strange person.  His NYC
history program used "The Last Rose of Summer" over and over and OVER again, played as slowly and depressively as possible
by a string quartet - making NYC seem to be the most depresso place in History and the World. (Wait- it was "Ric" Burns,
Ken's brother!  He's just as strange, then. Must run in the family.)

ps - My Edison disc (and other old versions)  make Sidewalks of NY sound like a happy place.