[78-L] 1927 Leo Reisman alternate take

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Mon May 9 18:57:24 PDT 2011

My copy has 2-E-6 at 12 o'clock.   Does one of these characters  indicate a
take number?

pc

In a message dated 5/9/2011 5:49:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rojoknox at metroeast.org writes:

Greetings from FixitLand!

I was surprised to encounter this  YouTube posting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROl2kTtiyqI

It's  an *alternate* of Leo Reisman and His Orchestra, "Red Lips -
Kiss My  Blues Away." 10 April 1927, New York, mx W 144016 -- but this
is NOT  Take 4 like my copies of Columbia 973-D! I don't believe Rust-
ADBD shows  a take number. Anyone know of, or have, a take of W 144016
other  than -4?

Thanks,

Joe
--
"No amount of time can erase  the memory of a good cat, and no amount
of masking tape can ever  totally remove his fur from your couch."--

78-L mailing  list
78-L at klickitat.78online.com