[78-L] Another song with the "wrong title"

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon May 9 17:35:31 PDT 2011

"Star Dust" or "Stardust"?   When they were putting together the Rigler
Deutsch Recird Index the data entry people were told to put what was on
the label, but this was annoying to the librarians among ARSC because
they preferred setting a universal standard spelling rule of alternate
titles and differences in the way people are billed.  "Bennie Goodman"
or "Benny Goodman"?  "Stanley Kenton" or "Stan Kenton"?  "Vernon
Dalhart" or any of three thousand other names, including Marian Try
Slaughter.

Mike (or is it michael) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com