[78-L] Erno Balogh - some questions

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sun May 8 19:21:00 PDT 2011

Hi David,
  Thanks for the Columbia data.
  The Asch (DM-102)and 3 DISC (770/771/772) albums were 1945 or 1946.
  He came to the US about 1924, so the Columbia session must have been his first recordings.  There is then
a decade with no recordings I know of.  He recorded accompanying Lotte Lehmann (Vi) in the 30's, when he also was doing radio
work.  Seems strange for there to be that long a gap.
  He recorded for a bunch of "little labels" in the 40's some were reissued on LP, then did 8 LP's for Lyrichord in the 50's.
  Does anyone have information on the SOUND BOOK PRESS Lp???  Thanks!
  Best wishes, Thomas.