[78-L] Your Mother's Son-In-Law - BG and Billie Holiday on Columbia Blue Shellac

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Fri May 6 19:09:08 PDT 2011

Mark,

These interviews we are discussing took place several years after the fact.
The interview that I am referring to took place in the seventies. Obviously,
Wilson could compliment whom he felt like by then. He just didn't think that
Billie Holiday was such a big deal. He preferred other singers to her. It
was just funny how the interviewer tried to get him to say something
complimentary about her and he just wasn't buying into it.

Jeff Sultanof