[78-L] Museum quality

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Fri May 6 15:16:18 PDT 2011

Last year, on the way to the ARSC convention in New Orleans, I visited the Jimmy
Rodgers museum in Meridian Mississippi.  They had several J.R. 78s on display
and most of them were so scratched and abused that it was hard to tell the
scratches from the grooves, (however I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and
purchased a box set of all of J.R.'s recordings).  I also visited the family
plot in the local cemetery which, ironically, brought the man to life as
something more than just a name on records.

But getting back to the records, these records were in a museum so I guess they
were museum quality.  Perhaps this description means to be looked at - not
played.

db