[78-L] Museum quality?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri May 6 12:50:07 PDT 2011

I'm sort of in the middle on this.  I don't care much about mis-spellings
unless they give me an opportunity to make some bad puns (yes,  I know some
think that all puns are bad).  But isn't it fair to question a person who
makes a big point of calling himself an expert and offering records for
large amounts of money and yet makes repeated spelling errors?  That's OK if
it's a sign for a yard sale down the block but it makes be feel a little
strange to see it with someone offering 78s for hundreds and thousands of
dollars.

And said seller does make me a little nervous with that tone of desperation
which seems to flow through  many/most of his listings, e.g.

http://cgi.ebay.com/78-RPM-ULTRA-RARE-1908-20IN-PATHE-SILENT-MOVIE-RECORD-E-/390210291254?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5ada588636

We can argue all day about what constitutes fraud and what is just wishful
thinking,  greed, ignorance,  etc. on the part of a seller,  but I think it
should be OK in this forum to discuss problems any of us might have had with
sellers,  and not be dumped on for being mean or judgmental.

My 10,000+ eBay transactions have all been fine with maybe 10 -12
exceptions...and I appreciate some of the warnings and info about sellers
which I've received here on 78-L.

Taylor