[78-L] Edge Bite

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Fri May 6 12:16:10 PDT 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

Me:

>> Finally, a Ralph Flanagan record from Canada (issued commercially
>> only there) arrived in four or five pieces. As Mike did above, I
>> glued it together and got it to play -- sorta. Fortunately, I have a
>> US-issued vinyl DJ pressing, but it would've been nice to have an
>> undamaged original Canadian issue...oh well. I'm sure there are some
>> on this list who would prefer the disc remain broken...<grin>

David Lennick responded:

> What's the Flanagan?

RCA Victor 20-5712 From The Vine Came The Grape (E4-VB-3045-1)/Make
Love To Me (E4-VB-3044-1). Also on 45-rpm 47-5712. Hollywood, 20
February 1954. Session sheet is marked "Canada only," but it did come
out in 78-rpm form on a US DJ white-label special, sans catalog
number. Only original US commercial issue was on EPA-541, and the
tracks are on AFRS ET P-3534 and "Here's To Veterans" #404 as well.

Take care,

Joe
--
It's my cats' world. I'm just here to fill their food dish.