[78-L] Chick Bullock's birthdate

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 6 08:08:01 PDT 2011

Wikipedia gives Chick Bullock's birthdate as 16 September 1908. In the
notes to Retrieval RTR 79035, "The Essential Chick Bullock", the late
Peter Tanner (who was a friend of Chick) gives it as 14 September 1894,
but goes on to make a matzo pudding of it by saying he died "on
September 15th 1981, the day before his 84th birthday...", which doesn't
make any sense.

Because Bullock was educated in Liskeard, Cornwall, it was my intention
someday to trace his school time there, but this would prove extremely
difficult without a reliable birthdate. I think Tanner wrote these notes
shortly before his death and may have been a little confused.

     Julian Vein