[78-L] ARSC^

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Thu May 5 09:30:23 PDT 2011

Eh???  Of what??? Wow.  Certainly didn't notice it on the Lake Shore in Feb. or my regular trips in daycoaches to NYC.

What about the racket -- the endless, all encompassing, inescapable racket of interior pressurized air and exterior slipway over a jet-powered aerosol can, or "airliner"?  Not to mention our national jackbooted thugs (Heimat Securitaet) cheerily feeling you up for the privilege of being crammed into a seat designed for a masochistic midget.  And the joys of intrusive, clumsy, bullying flight attendants, who act more like wardens than service personnel. I'd listen to rebuttal, but after flying it takes a while for my hearing to fully recover, my back and gluteal muscles to assume human form again, and I'm afraid I might hit someone.

I'd even rather drive the seven hours ton NYC, Boston, or DC from my home in Rochester than fly -- between getting to the airport two hours early, the flight, and the interminable trip from the airports into town it takes the same amount of time either way, and I can avoid so much rubbish.  I may take the interurban from my mother's in Carlsbad to LA for a day at ARSC -- return fare is cheaper than petrol & parking now.  Depends on my home duties.

Flying - is - a - misery - for - me.  I wish the whole industry would fail.  PC