[78-L] ARSC^

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed May 4 21:43:50 PDT 2011

On 5/5/2011 12:22 AM, Steven C. Barr wrote:
> From: "Ron L'Herault"<lherault at bu.edu>
>> No one goes by train any more.
>>
> Not quite true...although I am not sure if I can still travel to
> Chicago by train!

We've lost so much of our train travel possibilities here in the U.S.
In other places EVERYBODY travels by train.  I've spent several Summers
in Europe going all over the continent by train.  You would think that
it would be a Conservative value to support good old fashioned train
travel, but it is the progressive areas like Europe, Japan, and even
China that support and continually improve their train travel.  It often
is much more convenient and even faster by train than by plane,
especially when the train takes you right into the center of town rather
than you having to drive two hours to the airport and fly East to get
your connecting flight to go West, and then have another long drive back
into town.  (And in Europe you can usually take a train to and from the
airport!)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com  .