[78-L] Your Mother's Son-In-Law - BG and Billie Holiday on Columbia Blue Shellac

Sean Miller smille1 at nycap.rr.com
Tue May 3 17:44:52 PDT 2011

It is indeed a great record.  Rare?  I wouldn't say rare, but maybe scarce.  I have a really nice E+ copy on blue shellac that I bought at a phonograph show in Union Illinois five years ago for $20 even in a nice special blue Columbia sleeve from a pretty smart seller who knew what he had.  It was certainly worth it to me!  I don't know what price guides say it's worth, but I don't follow them much these days.

Judging by the number of people on this list who have already said they have a copy, I'm sure more than 300 blue shellac pressings were pressed.

Sean