[78-L] Your Mother's Son-In-Law - BG and Billie Holiday on ColumbiaBlue Shellac

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon May 2 20:36:42 PDT 2011

From: "DanKj" <MLK402 at verizon.net>
> Sheesh, I knew someone who had one of the 300;  he got evicted and the
> landlord threw everything in the trash.  I hope it was garbage-picked by a
> worthy individual.

If there were actually only 300 original-issue copies, they would have
been on blue shellac. If there were later pressings, those done before
c.1936 would have been on blue...thereafter they would have been on
black, but with blue labels. IIRC the record stayed in "print" for a long
time...later copies would have been black, with blue labels. It is possible
(IIRC...I own the dommed record, but WHERE it is is rather open to
question...?!) that the final issues were on the usual "red Columbia"
label, but still bore the xxxx-D catalog numbers...?!

Steven C. Barr