[78-L] John McCormack in Technicolor

S&R Pinsker spinsker at erols.com
Thu Apr 28 13:02:34 PDT 2011

J McC was more than a little b/4 my time but I did see Tito Schipa, age 70+
and still with a head of black hair in DC on his post-war farewell tour.
When I arrived at the Met the following week end and mentioned it,
the first question from one of the old timers: "He still usa da little black book?"
Yes, a probably 6x9 black loose leaf notebook.
How did he sound? Except for not being able to sustain a note very long
he sounded remarkably like all those wonderful 78's he made.

Bob P, who much regrets never having heard Crooks in person.