[78-L] Swing Girls

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 18:37:02 PDT 2011

Un
Be
LIEVABLE!

This is brilliant stuff.  Hopefully the Swing Girls movie/series is gonna show up on NetFLix so I can share it with my daughters & family :)

That brought back memories of high school jazz ensemble... going to jazz festival at University of Idaho, laying into "Paul's Tune" (Paul Kondzela's (sp?) chart for Buddy Rich) as the 3rd song of our 3-chart judged set... going into it WAY too fast because of combined adrenaline... playing to a packed house in the student union building and NOBODY sitting in the plastic chairs... tearing through that chart, hanging on by the edge of our fingernails, having the entire house jumping, dancing, GROOVING........

holy POO it still brings chills... and one of those deep, happy smiles :)

by the way, we walked off with #1 that year (1974), took our book to Nevada-Reno, and blew 'em away.

That was also the year we took it to Europe as well... enough highs (and lows) to write a book about... the night we closed (we were one of 4 high school jazz bands on that tour) the performance in the basement of a church in Salzburg... same reaction.  We swung it hard :)

Sorry mates, had to wax happy and reminisce.

 Brad