[78-L] Late-pressed 78rpm records - since about 1970

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon Apr 25 09:39:34 PDT 2011

The Airmen Of Note
orig. 12" radio transcription of 09/63

1003B (O-107)
Straight Ahead
The Airmen Of Note
orig. 12" radio transcription of 05/64

1004A (O-108)
(Schubert) Serenade
Richard Crooks with Orchestra under the direction of Howard Barlow
orig. 16" radio transcription c. 1943

1004B (O-109)
Rose Marie
Richard Crooks with Orchestra under the direction of Howard Barlow
orig. 16" radio transcription c. 1943

I believe this is the end of the series, all released c. 2006

In my opinion? A true waste of a really good idea. With so many great
78s to choose from the producer (whose name I cannot remember) chose
such mediocre material. Even at $15 each this Oriole reissue series
could have been a hit.

Malcolm

*******