[78-L] Compiled by David Lennick [was Re: Dead air is...]

Martin Fenton mafenton at talktalk.net
Sat Apr 23 08:51:25 PDT 2011

On 23/04/2011 16:42, David Lennick wrote:
> Nothing more than the basic idea, which was probably Ray Crick's. I likely put
> in half the material. We got "Chant of the Weed" in there, didn't we?

Yes. I thought the link in my previous email had a track listing, but I
was mistaken. Here's what's on it:

1.  Smoke, Smoke, Smoke That Cigarette!: Tex Williams
2.  Pipe & Cigarette: Flotsam & Jetsam
3.  Love's Cigarette: José Collins
4.  Cigarette: Jack Payne
5.  Dans la Fumée: Lucienne Boyer
6.  Smoke Rings: The Mills Brothers
7.  Cigarettes, Cigars!: Ruth Etting
8.  My Cigarette Lady: Rudy Vallee
9.  Two Cigarettes In The Dark: Bing Crosby
10. Chant of the Weed: André Kostelanetz
11. Love Is Like A Cigarette: Cavan o'Connor
12. Smoke Dreams: Benny Goodman
13. A Cigarette & A Silhouette: Mildred Bailey
14. While A Cigarette Was Burning: Hutch
15. Deep In A Dream: Connee Boswell
16. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes: Dinah Shore
17. Habanera "Lazy Cigarette": Eastman-Rochester Symphony Orchestra
18. A Cigarette, Sweet Music & You: Fred Waring & His Pennsylvanians
19. These Foolish Things: Frank Sinatra
20. Smoke Dreams: Jo Stafford
21. Don't Smoke In Bed: Peggy Lee
22. Cigareets, Whuskey & Wild, Wild, Women: Red Ingle & The Natural Seven
23. Cowboy Serenade: Glenn Miller
24. Let's Have Another Cigarette: Benny Goodman

--
Martin.