[78-L] Compiled by David Lennick [was Re: Dead air is...]

Martin Fenton mafenton at talktalk.net
Sat Apr 23 08:36:43 PDT 2011

On 23/04/2011 15:52, David Lennick wrote:
 > Cart machine dead. Go to traffic.
 >
 > dl

Okay, I'll have a go at filling some dead air*.

While coping with the siege mentality of the crowds today (after all,
the supermarket will be closed for a total of 7 hours more between now
and Monday morning than it would normally have been, therefore you do
NOT need all of that milk) I popped into a charity shop.

I was more than pleasantly surprised to find, among the dog-eared K-Tel
LPs and Britney Spears CDs, a copy of ASV Living Era CD AJA 5302: "
Smoke, Smoke, Smoke that Cigarette!" (1999)

It's a compilation of smoking-related 78s, compiled by our own Mr.
Lennick, Peter Dempsey and Ray Crick. I haven't had chance to play it
yet, but it looks to be a cracking compilation.

Any stories behind the compilation, David?

http://www.answers.com/topic/smoke-smoke-smoke-that-cigarette

*My guess is this one could either run for days, or die after 2 messages.

All the best,

Martin.