[78-L] 1812 and a Half Overture

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 22 19:31:47 PDT 2011

And there's a site that discusses various replacements in Tchaikovsky works
during the Stalin era and this is named. The recording of the 1812 appears to
be from 1948 but certainly no later than 1952 when Golovanov was dismissed from
his post, and might be on USSR D1294. I haven't sourced the Marche Slav by
Anosov yet.

dl