[78-L] EQ ideas for transferring acoustic 78s?

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Fri Apr 22 17:34:53 PDT 2011

On 4/22/2011 11:50, Mike Daley wrote:
> The downside of using Audacity for me is that I can't play around with EQ
> while the song is playing - how can I find noise bands without hearing the
> effects of the EQ in real time?
> Even when I use the Garageband EQ plug-ins in Audacity, it only gives a 3
> second preview.
>
> Mike
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Mark Bardenwerper<citrogsa at charter.net>wrote:
>
> I use Audacity too. The click removal utility is very efficient. It has
> a set of equalizations you can choose and many other utilities such as
> stereo into mono, amplify.

I see. I get around the problem using undo and trying again or selecting
passages and doing them separately. I get rid of nasty pops and chiffs
by simply selecting the tiniest portion of data and deleting it. The
ends seem to join seamlessly as long as they are very short.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.